We are looking for an experienced Senior Back-end Developer (PHP) to join our growing squad of geeks.
Geek Cell is a group of highly skilled and trained IT experts in various fields (software architecture, cloud infrastructure, app development etc.) hired by venture capital startups and companies who are in urgent need of professionals to scale their product, business, and engineering organization. We work with the goal of building long-term relationships with our clients through high quality, transparent communication, and a can-do attitude of all our experts.
Although we are a young company, we bring with us many years of experience and ideas about how to create the best possible work environment to help you do the greatest work of your life. Instead of fruit baskets and annoying open-plan spaces, we offer a 100% remote culture based on mutual respect, trust, transparency & independence, plus plenty of perks, variety and interesting projects to keep you on your toes.
If this ticks all the right boxes for you, read on and apply today.
Please note that we can only consider applications if you are a resident of Germany.
How you make an impact
- You actively shape the future of Geek Cell together with us.
- You work on challenging and innovative projects for interesting clients all over the industry.
- As an expert in your field, you advise customers, create sustainable solutions and share knowledge among peers.
- You contribute to our own software projects, which we either license to customers or make available as open source.
Perks of working at Geek Cell
- A high level of trust and autonomy.
- We’re 100% remote - work from wherever you want.
- Free choice of MacBook Pros, laptops, displays, headphones and other equipment.
- Access to the company's Amazon account to independently order anything you need.
- Up to 70,000€ p.a. depending on your experience and skill set.
- A generous learning budget for courses, conferences and certifications.
- 30 vacation days plus extra time off for special celebrations.
- Job ticket for your local transport area.
What you bring to the party
- Solid hands-on experience crafting large-scale web applications with PHP 8 using Symfony or Laravel.
- Knowledge with various architectural patterns, designs, and conventions (DDD, SOLID, Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture).
- Excellent debugging/troubleshooting skills and high quality standards.
- You work independently, structured and enjoy guiding others to get better.
- You love variety and can quickly adapt and learn new projects.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills and a residence in Germany.
What makes you stand out
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Github Actions, GitLabCI, CircleCI, TravisCI, CodeBuild.
- You are not afraid to work with legacy applications and can safely migrate them to modern/scalable architectures.
- You have contributed to or are an active maintainer of a widely used open source project.
- German language skills at least on B2 level (or you are eager to learn it).
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying